JOB POSTING – Lead Barista
Terra Bruce Productions is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Lead Barista in the Majestic Theatres new bar + café Theatre Hill.
Hours of Work: Flexible – evenings and weekends required
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Wage: $18/hour plus gratuities. 20 hours minimum
Start Date: Sept 10, 2023
Why Terra Bruce Productions?
We are an arts organization with a vision, on the path to building one of the largest production companies in Atlantic Canada. Our growth is fast paced, with ample opportunities for career growth along the way. We offer competitive wages, potential for health benefits, and professional development opportunities. We are a company built on creativity that likes to work hard, but we also like to have a good time. You will be working in one of St. John’s most historic buildings, The Majestic Theatre, which will house a 340 seat performance space along with Theatre Hill, a 88 person capacity bar and café.
About the Role
The Lead Barista would be responsible for preparing and serving coffee and other beverages, as well as preparing and serving simple food fare such as salads and sandwiches.
THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare fresh food and drinks for in a cafe setting
- Create a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Maintain a high standard of customer care
- Keep the cafe area clean, maintain a hygienic and safe workspace at all times
- Keep cafe items well stocked to fulfill all menu items, notify the food service manager of any shortages
- Handle sales transactions with customers
- Wash and put away dishes
- Assist with preparing food for special events
- Respond promptly and professionally to all customer feedback, concerns or complaints
- Monitor expenditure, stock, wastage and use-by dates
- Reconcile cash at end of shifts
- 2 years minimum barista experience
- Experience in food service, food preparation and customer service
- Excellent task management skills
- Ability to be calm and focused in a busy setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Familiar with a restaurant POS system
- Love of coffee and food
- Enjoys music
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Food safety/food handling certificate
At least 2 year coffee shop/restaurant experience
Terra Bruce Productions values diversity in its workforce and invites applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, please feel welcome to make a request.
Please send application to: email@example.com