JOB POSTING – Coffee Bar Attendant/Server
Terra Bruce Productions is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Coffee Bar Attendant/Server in the Majestic Theatres new bar + café Theatre Hill.
Hours of Work: Flexible – evenings and weekends required Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager, Lead Bartender Wage: $15/hour plus gratuities. Part-time position
Start Date: Sept 10, 2023
Why Terra Bruce Productions?
We are an arts organization with a vision, on the path to building one of the largest production companies in Atlantic Canada. Our growth is fast paced, with ample opportunities for career growth along the way. We offer competitive wages, potential for health benefits, and professional development opportunities. We are a company built on creativity that likes to work hard, but we also like to have a good time. You will be working in one of St. John’s most historic buildings, The Majestic Theatre, which will house a 340 seat performance space along with Theatre Hill, a 88 person capacity bar and café.
About the Role
The Coffee Bar Attendant would be responsible for preparing and serving coffee and other beverages, as well as preparing and serving simple food fare such as salads and sandwiches, to customers.
THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare fresh food and drinks in a café setting
- Create a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Maintain a high standard of customer care
- Keep the café area clean, maintain a hygienic and safe workspace at all times
- Keep café items well stocked to fulfill all menu items, notify the food service manager of any shortages
- Handle sales transactions with customers
- Wash and put away dishes
- Assist with preparing food for special events
- Respond promptly and professionally to all customer feedback, concerns or complaints
- Monitor expenditure, stock, wastage and use-by dates
- Reconcile cash at end of shifts
- Experience in food service, food preparation and customer service
- Experience working as a barista is an asset
Excellent multi-tasking ability
Ability to be calm and focused in a busy setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
Strong customer service skills
- Familiar with a restaurant POS system
- Love of coffee and food
- Enjoys music
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Food safety/food handling certificate an asset
at least 1 year coffee shop/restaurant experience preferred
Terra Bruce Productions values diversity in its workforce and invites applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, please feel welcome to make a request.
Please send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org