JOB POSTING – HEAD OF WARDROBE
Terra Bruce Productions is seeking a Head of Wardrobe for the summer of 2023. This summer consists of a new production of Let’s Dance! directed by Keith Pike and a workshop production of a new script directed by Heather Braaten. Costumes for both productions are designed by Graham McMonagle.
Contract dates: May 1 – July 17 (7 weeks)
Rehearsals and build will take place in St.John’s, NL.
Job duties include:
· Work with the designer on building/buying/altering costumes
· Assist the designer with fittings
· Manage build timelines and communicate tasks to other stitchers
· Respond to rehearsal notes as they come out of rehearsal
· Perform maintenance on costumes during the rehearsal period
· Participate in the load in/transfer of costumes from the rehearsal hall to the theatre
· Work as dresser during tech rehearsals and show call (July 3 – 17)
· Work with the designer to prepare costumes for travel
The ideal candidate has experience in costuming theatre productions. This person can work independently to meet deadlines (sometimes very quick deadlines) and can collaborate with a team when needed. Recent graduates and folks with community theatre experience are encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter by March 20th to email@example.com, with the subject line: LD! Head of Wardrobe Search [Your Name]
About Terra Bruce Productions:
We are Terra Bruce Productions, dedicated to developing and producing original Musical Theatre productions in Canada and beyond. Born out of a love of music and culture, this company was formed to hire within the incredible talent pool of Canadian artists, writers and musicians and build a repertoire of high-calibre, world class shows.
Terra Bruce Productions values diversity in its workforce and invites applications from all qualified candidates. We will prioritize applicants from the BIPOC community. Recent graduates from Theatre programs seeking to put new skills to work in an open and collaborative environment are encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, please do not hesitate to make a request.